Xiaomi 12T Pro – Xiaomi 12T Pro is the company’s first phone to come with this feature globally!
Xiaomi launched the Xiaomi 12T series that consists of the regular model Xiaomi 12T and the Xiaomi 12T Pro model at the October 4 event and for the first time ever, a Xiaomi phone comes with eSIM support.
Many phones have already used an eSIM in the past. Some Android phone manufacturers such as Samsung and Google have added support for this chip. Apple also released the iPhone 14 series with eSIM support in the US only.
In fact, eSIM technology makes transferring between carriers much easier. The programmable SIM is physically soldered to the motherboard of the smartphone and the eSIM cannot be ejected.
Although a non-removable SIM seems like an alarming idea, you won’t need it anymore because switching between carriers and phones is now done digitally. If you want to use your SIM on another device or change your carrier to another, you can do so from your phone’s Settings app where you will change the eSIM and complete the process. The process may differ on each phone.
Read also: Xiaomi 12T Series price and specifications appear on Amazon before the official launch
Xiaomi 12T Pro supports eSIM
The Xiaomi 12T Pro is the first global Xiaomi phone to support the electronic chip (eSIM). Contain Redmi Note 10T It also supports eSIM, but Xiaomi has only made it available in Japan.
Xiaomi 12T Pro specifications
- 6.67 inch OLED display with 1.5K resolution and 120Hz refresh rate
- Triple-lens camera module comprising of a 200MP main camera, an 8MP wide-angle camera, and a 2MP macro camera.
- The front camera is 20 megapixels for selfies and video calls.
- It is powered by a Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1 processor paired with up to 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM and 256GB of UFS 3.1 storage.
- It has a 5000 mAh battery with 120W fast charging support.
- The phone also runs Android 12 and MIUI 13.
Read also: Xiaomi 12T Pro full price and specifications
What do you think of an eSIM? Please comment below!