(Pocket Lint) – The iMessage app is one of the most frequently used apps on iPhone, and it’s a repository of valuable information. Your iMessage app probably contains important messages from friends, family members, colleagues, and other sources. If you accidentally delete your message, you may wonder how you can recover text messages on iPhone.
You may need to recover text messages in many scenarios. You may have mistakenly deleted important messages, accidentally lost all text conversations after an iOS update, or restored or jailbroken your iPhone, resulting in lost messages. Whether you have a backup or not, you have several options to recover text messages on iPhone.
This article provides an overview of the Multiple Methods to Recover Text Messages on iPhones.
How to recover deleted text messages on iPhone with backup?
iPhone offers many methods to back up your messages. You can back up your messages to iTunes and iCloud, and you can even set a manual backup schedule. If you have an iTunes or iCloud backup, you can use the official methods to recover the entire backup file. However, iCloud and iTunes backups are compilations of all your backups, so you cannot individually view and select specific messages to recover. You need to restore the entire backup file – all or nothing.
Below we describe how recover deleted text messages on iphone using iTunes backups or iCloud backups.
Recover Deleted Text Messages on iPhone Using iTunes Backup:
- Go to iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Go to Summary > Restore Backup.
- Select the backup file you want to restore.
- Click Restore.
Recover deleted text messages on iPhone using iCloud backup:
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Content and Settings.
- Enter your password to start the reset process, which will delete all existing data.
- Wait for your iPhone to be factory reset.
- Configure your iPhone from scratch, including language, country, etc.
- Connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi.
- Enter your Apple ID and password.
- Go to the App & Data screen.
- Select “Restore from iCloud Backup”.
- Enter your iCloud details.
- Select the iCloud backup you want to restore.
Disadvantages of using iTunes and iCloud backups
- No preview: iCloud and iTunes back up all your iPhone data at specific intervals. They don’t just save messages; they back up photos, contacts and all other details. There is no way to preview the contents of the backup, so you need to be sure that the backup you recover will contain all the information you need.
- Non-selective: iCloud and iTunes backups are not selective. You need to download all previously backed up content including contacts, videos, photos, messages, apps and more. You cannot simply select specific messages to recover.
- Reset iPhone: iCloud and iTunes backups require you to factory reset your iPhone. You need to reset your iPhone to factory settings after which the backup file can be restored. This means that you will lose all data collected after the period of the last backup file. While trying to recover an old message, you may lose other important messages.
How to recover deleted text messages on iPhone without backup?
As mentioned earlier, recovering messages from iCloud and iTunes backups can be extremely difficult. You need to factory reset your iPhone, delete all existing data and overwrite data from a previously created backup file. You cannot view backup files or select desired files individually. Additionally, it’s also possible that you don’t back up your files regularly, so you won’t have an iTunes or iCloud backup to retrieve in the first place.
PhoneRescue for iOS is the most comprehensive iPhone and iOS data recovery tool available on the market. It is a reliable application that allows you to recover 100% of the data with just a few simple clicks. You can view your deleted messages and recover only the messages you want without having to factory reset your iPhone. As such, PhoneRescue for iOS allows you to recover old and lost messages without experiencing data loss again.
Below we highlight how to recover deleted text messages on iPhone without backup using PhoneRescue for iOS.
Recover deleted text messages on iPhone without backup using PhoneRescue for iOS:
- Select “Recover from iOS Device” and press next.
- Select “Messages” from the list of data types.
- The app will scan your iPhone and list all your deleted messages.
- You can read the messages and select the ones you want to recover.
- Press the “To Computer” or “To Device” buttons to send the messages to your computer or phone.
Benefits of using PhoneRescue for iOS
- Recover messages without backup: PhoneRescue for iOS allows you to recover all your lost or deleted messages without backup. Even if you forget to back up the files to your iTunes or iCloud, you can still find the messages.
- Preview and select messages to recover: PhoneRescue for iOS allows you to preview deleted messages and recover only those you want to recover. You don’t have to forcibly recover your photos, contacts and other types of data.
- Simple and user-friendly app: PhoneRescue for iOS is an extremely simple and user-friendly application that can be used and operated by anyone without the help of a professional.
- No risk of data loss: PhoneRescue for iOS does not require factory reset iPhone. You also don’t need to overwrite your existing data or clean up your iPhone memory. You can recover lost messages without risking losing additional data.
- Supports all iPhones: PhoneRescue for iOS works on all iPhones and iOS 15, making it suitable for most iPhone users. It is an extremely versatile data recovery application.
PhoneRescue for iOS is the leading third-party app for data recovery. If you are concerned about your missing messages and don’t want to risk losing additional data, we encourage you to try this data recovery solution.