Android 13 and One UI 5 update brings 11 very important features to the Samsung Galaxy S22 series
Android 13 and One UI 5 update has started rolling out to users of the Samsung Galaxy S22 series of phones, starting in Europe.
It is said to be available first in parts of Europe, including Italy, Norway, Spain, Switzerland and the United Kingdom. It is also slated to receive several other phones, including the Galaxy S21 and Galaxy A53 with more Samsung models to get next year.
The most important features of the Android 13 and One UI 5 update for the Galaxy S22 series
The update is available for the Galaxy S22 series and contains firmware version S90xBXXU2BVJA. A two-month beta test revealed a lot about One UI 5 and Samsung’s experience with Android 13. Here are some of the highlights you can expect to see:
- Routines and Modes: Newly improved actions trigger certain actions based on what you’re doing, and modes let you create custom settings, such as when you’re asleep or while driving.
- Lock screen customization: Now you can easily add videos to your lock screen, and access more customization tools more quickly.
- Stacked widgets: You can make more efficient use of your home screen space by stacking widgets on top of each other.
- Smart Suggestions: This widget will learn about your actions and suggest specific settings or apps based on what you think you want to do.
- New security and privacy dashboard: You can check all your settings in one report from the same screen.
- Bixby Text Call: When you can’t talk to the phone, Bixby will transcribe what your caller says, and let you answer by typing a reply. This will support English from early 2023.
- Enhanced notifications
- and user interface
- The ability to extract text from images
- and easier controls for connected devices
- and security-aware sharing panel, etc.
You will receive a notification when an update is available on your phone. If you can’t wait, go to Settings > System updates > Check system updates to see if it’s there.
While the first phase of the update is intended for Galaxy S22 phones, other models will follow before the end of the year.
The Galaxy S21 series, Galaxy Z Fold 4, Z Fold 3, Galaxy Z Flip 4, Z Flip 3, and Galaxy A53 series are lined up to be among the first to receive the update.
Thanks to Samsung’s generous update policy, a lot of older phones like the S20 and A52 series will also get One UI 5 in 2023.
What do you think is the most prominent feature of the update? Do you own a Galaxy S22 series phone?