Poco M3 Pro 5G review
|128 GB 6 GB RAM||$ 189.00||2,228.00 kr|
|64 GB 4 GB RAM||$ 169.00||€ 199.00|
|Show all prices|
The Poco M3 Pro 5G is another phone that focuses on offering 5G access on a budget. And while it is questionable, many people will be looking for such a thing, but the Poco M3 Pro 5G has much more to offer than just fast mobile connectivity.
The new Poco M3 Pro 5G has a particularly rich feature set for an affordable smartphone. There is a 6.5 “90Hz LCD screen, Dimensity 700 chip with 4 GB or 6 GB RAM, a triple camera with a 48MP primary shooter and a large 5,000 mAh battery capable of 18W fast charging. The phone running on Android 11 with MIUI 12.
The connection options are also plentiful. There is 5G and everything that came before it. NFC is also supported. You can use FM radio and there is even a 3.5 mm audio jack. The Poco M3 Pro 5G also offers an IR blaster, and it can be your universal remote control. Bluetooth 5.1 and dual-band Wi-Fi are also available.
All this sounds familiar, right?
This is because the Poco M3 Pro 5G is identical to the Redmi Note 10 5G, without the different back panel. While Redmi had a matte plastic back with a small camera island, Poco has a glossy glass-like back cover with this solid black accent for the image processors. And that’s how you separate the two from each other!
The Poco M3 Pro 5G certainly seems like a decent entry-level smartphone, and probably one of its biggest goodies is that it’s cheaper than the Redmi Note 10 5G siblings. Let’s take a closer look at the specification sheet now.
Overview of Xiaomi Poco M3 Pro 5G:
- Body: 161.8×75.3×8.9mm, 190g; Gorilla Glass 3 front, plastic back, plastic frame.
- Screen: 6.50 “IPS LCD, 90Hz, 400 nits (type), 500 nits (HBM), 1080x2400px resolution, 20: 9 aspect ratio, 405ppi.
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6833 Dimensity 700 5G (7 nm): Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55); Mali-G57 MC2.
- Memory: 64 GB 4 GB RAM, 128 GB 6 GB RAM; UFS 2.2; microSDXC.
- OS / software: Android 11, MIUI 12.
- Rear camera: Wide (head): 48 MP, f / 1.8, 26 mm, 1 / 2.0 “, 0.8 µm, PDAF; Macro: 2 MP, f / 2.4; Depth: 2 MP, f / 2.4.
- Front camera: 8 MP, f / 2.0, (wide).
- Video recording: Rear camera: 1080p @ 30 fps; Front camera: 1080p @ 30 fps.
- Battery: 5000mAh; Fast charging 18W.
- Various: Fingerprint reader (side mounted); FM radio; Infrared port; 3.5 mm jack plug.
Two things we would like to see improved on this Poco M3 Pro 5G by looking through its specification sheets. Some splash resistance would have been nice, and maybe the Dimensity 800U would have been the better choice. But at € 179 we are still happy with what we get.
Unboxing of Poco M3 Pro 5G
The Poco M3 Pro 5G is packed in one of these signature yellow boxes and you know there’s a Pocophone inside even before you look at the actual branding. The bundle covers the basics and then some. Inside the box you will find a 22.5W charger and a USB-C-to-A cable.
The Poco M3 Pro 5G also comes with a transparent silicone case with a protective cover over the charging port – in this way it is exposed to much smaller pocket fluff.
The phone also arrives with this thin and cheap screen protector. It’s good against scratches, but it’s a giant magnet, and we peeled it off right away.
Finally, you also get a lot of Poco stickers so you can show your love for Poco wherever you want – laptop, monitor, desk, refrigerator, and why not your car, right?