|128 GB 6 GB RAM||£ 399.00||€ 429.00|
|Show all prices|
You do not make drastic changes to a working formula, do you? Well, we do not have the numbers to say how successful the Xperia 10 II was, but it must have been very, as Sony has not changed too much on the Xperia 10 III, we have for you today.
The few areas that have been improved are, of course, important. Although not a power plant in isolation, the Snapdragon 690 inside the new model is much more powerful and at least a little more competitive against today’s rivals. 5G support is also now part of the package thanks to the new chipset.
A significant increase in battery capacity to 4,500 mAh (from 3,600 mAh last year) is another very welcome development. There will be some extra boost, but at 169g, the Mk 3 remains one of the lighter pocket handsets.
Minor tangible changes include a bump in RAM to 6GB (previously 4GB) and the now added HDR support on the otherwise seemingly identical 6-inch OLED screen. Unfortunately, it is still a 60Hz panel and these are hardly fashionable regardless of market position.
Of the things that have been transferred that still deserve to be mentioned, the most important is the IP65 / 68 rating for dust and water protection – a rarity in the middle range that really sets the Xperia 10 III apart. Gorilla Glass 6 sandwiches are also not mentioned for the price. Here is an overview of the key specifications.
Overview of Sony Xperia 10 III:
- Body: 154.0×68.0×8.3mm, 169g; Glass front (Gorilla Glass 6), glass back (Gorilla Glass 6), plastic frame; IP65 / IP68 dust / water repellent (up to 1.5 m in 30 minutes).
- Screen: 6.0 “OLED, HDR, 1080x2520px resolution, 21: 9 aspect ratio, 457ppi; Triluminos display.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM6350 Snapdragon 690 5G (8 nm): Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Kryo 560 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 560 Silver); Adreno 619.
- Memory: 128 GB 6 GB RAM; UV; microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot).
- OS / software: Android 11.
- Rear camera: Wide (head): 12 MP, f / 1.8, 27 mm, 1 / 2.8 “, PDAF; Ultra wide angle: 8 MP, f / 2.2, 120 °, 16 mm, 1 / 4.0 “; Tele: 8 MP, f / 2.4, 54 mm, 1 / 4.0 “, PDAF, 2x optical zoom.
- Front camera: 8 MP, f / 2.0, 24 mm (wide), 1 / 4.0 “.
- Video recording: Rear camera: 4K @ 30 fps, 1080p @ 30 fps; Front camera: 1080p @ 30 fps.
- Battery: 4500mAh; Fast charging 30W, fast charging, USB power supply.
- Various: Fingerprint reader (side mounted); NFC; 3.5 mm jack plug.
Sony Xperia 10 III unboxing
We got our Xperia 10 III review device in the familiar white box that Sony has been using for a few years now. There was the absolute minimum of accessories inside it – just a charger and a USB cable to go with it.
The charger has a nominal value of 7.5 watts, and the low value we have not seen in a while. The phone supports USB PowerDelivery and will benefit from a higher power adapter – such as the company’s own 30-watt XQZ-UC1 device, but that’s not what came with our review device. Perhaps retail units are equipped differently. In addition, Sony has been known to adjust the package content from region to region, so there may also be variation by location.