The 4 most important settings that must be turned on in any new Xiaomi or Redmi phone – do not neglect them!
Xiaomi’s MIUI interface includes a lot of functions of all kinds. And we’re not just talking about the customization settings, but also the little options that you should definitely activate on your Xiaomi phone once you buy it.
Also read: Xiaomi’s interface provides a powerful Wi-Fi option.. Don’t neglect it
And although most of us usually the first thing we do is install the most popular apps, but before that you have to turn on or activate some MIUI options that will undoubtedly improve your day or that can save you in emergency situations.
The 4 most important settings that must be turned on in Xiaomi phones
In light of this, below we have compiled the most important Xiaomi interface options and settings MIUI Which you should definitely activate on your new device, be it Xiaomi, Redmi or Poco. Thanks to this you will improve your user experience and you will be warned of certain events.
1: Protect yourself from loss or theft
The first option that we have to activate on a Xiaomi phone once it is purchased is the sync with Xiaomi Cloud and especially the “Find Device” function. Thanks to this we can locate our phone if we lose it or even if it has been stolen.
And to activate this option we just have to perform the following steps:
- Go to Settings > My Account > Xiaomi Cloud
- Once inside, we will activate the “Search for device” option. In general, this option is usually active by default.
Also read: A very useful hidden feature in old and new Xiaomi phones, do not ignore it .. Here is what it is and how to access it
2. Receive new updates as soon as possible
Keeping our phone up to date is essential to maintaining our privacy and security. To do this, MIUI has a small modification that allows us to receive updates as soon as possible. To do this, we just have to perform the following steps:
- Go to Settings > My device (About phone) > System updates
- Once inside, click on the three dots in the top menu and access “Update settings.”
- Then we will just have to activate the option.”receive updates before.”
3. SOS, a method that can save your life
Among the hidden options that Xiaomi integrates into MIUI we find the emergency SOS mode. This is able to share our location in real time and send a text message to a family member in case we need it when we find ourselves in an emergency situation.
Once you activate this mode, it will be enough. Just need to quickly press the power button 5 times to start it up. Of course, before we activate it in the following way:
- Go to Settings > Password & Security > Emergency SOS
- Once inside, you just have to activate the “SOS in emergency” option. After activating it, it will ask us to at least set one of our contacts as an emergency contact.
4. Pocket mode, preventing accidental keystrokes and improving consumption
Last but not least we find the pocket mode. This allows us to prevent our smartphone from turning on accidentally after inserting it into our pocket or backpack, optimizing energy consumption by preventing the screen from turning itself on.
To activate this mode we just have to perform the following steps:
- Go to Settings > Lock screen
- Once inside, we will activate the ‘pocket mode.”
Now, what is the most important option provided by Xiaomi among the settings?