How to permanently hide the image of your house on the Google Maps application from the mobile or from the browser
With the technological development that has been added to Google Maps in recent times, it has become easier for many people to obtain actual and real pictures of streets and even homes. Although it is a great feature, it threatens the privacy of some people. So, in this article, we present to you how to hide the image of your house on the Google Maps application from the mobile phone or from the browser, specifically for people who are not comfortable with the idea of displaying pictures of their homes in front of millions from all over the world.
Ways to hide your home’s photo on Google Maps
Now, we all have Google Maps on our smartphones. It’s very convenient to get directions from the palm of our hands, but as is the case with technology sometimes, there are certain aspects of it that can be a bit intrusive on our privacy.
Knowing what building or landmark to look for when you arrive is helpful, but this same feature also makes it easier for stalkers or criminals to plot their way inside your home.
Street View gives anyone a free ticket to check out your house online, maybe they want to look for any cameras or even find a side window to open. And sure, anyone can walk or drive by your house and do it in person, but Google Maps makes that process much simpler. Anyone with a phone or computer can do this.
There is an easy way to hide your home on Google Maps and help prevent others from seeing too many details about where you live. Here are the steps:
- You’ll need to do this on your computer, since the blur feature isn’t available in the Google Maps app on iOS or Android, and while it’s accessible through a web browser on your mobile device, it’s tricky to use, so Use a trusted web browser on your Mac or PC instead.
- Enter your home address in the search bar at the top left maps.google.com press Back, and then click the picture of your house that appears.
- After that, you will see the Street View for your location. Click Report a problem at the bottom left. The text is very small, but it is there.
- Now, it’s up to you to choose what you want Google to blur. Using your mouse, adjust the width of the image so that your house and anything else you want to blur fits within the red and black square. Use the cursor to move around and the plus and minus buttons to zoom in and out, respectively.
- Once you’ve finished adjusting the image, choose what to blur under:
1- a face
2- Your home
3- Your car / license plate
4- A different object
- You will be asked to provide more details about what exactly you want is not clear, in case the photo is occupied by many cars, people and other objects.
- Make absolutely sure that what you select is exactly what you want blunt. Google states that once you hide the image of your house on the Google Maps app on Street View, it is permanently blurred.
- Enter your email, verify the captcha (if required) and click submit.
You will then receive an email from Google saying that they will review your report and get back to you once the request is denied or approved. You may receive more emails from Google asking for more information regarding your request.
Google doesn’t provide any information about how long it will take to process your request, so just keep an eye out for any further emails.
Also read: Google Maps will introduce a long-awaited new feature
Do you now want to blur and hide your house image on Google Maps application? Share with us in the comments.