The global rollout of the iQOO Neo 6 has recently begun and it is only fair that we focus on one of the hottest mid-rangers India has got so far. It is an affordable smartphone with a great AMOLED screen, powerful hardware, suitable camera and incredibly fast charging.
As has happened quite often lately, the global model of iQOO Neo 6 is not the same as the Chinese version. It’s not a brand new device either – the international Neo 6 is actually the Neo 6 SE, which is still sold exclusively in China. Go figure!
And with that confusion resolved, let’s explore this iQOO Neo 6.
If we were to describe the iQOO Neo 6 in as few words as possible, it would go like this – imagine the Poco F3 with a better main camera and faster charging. And it runs on Funtouch instead of MIUI, of course.
In fact, we can not shake the feeling that we are getting a refreshed version of one of the best-selling smartphones in recent years – the Poco F3. The iQOO Neo 6 undoubtedly has a more appealing design, but relies on a similar AMOLED display with 120Hz update, 360Hz touch response and HDR10 + certification.
Then there is the Snapdragon 870 5G chipset, which is still considered one of the best choices as it delivers flagship speed and sustained mid-range performance. iQOO announces the Neo 6 as having a sophisticated multi-layer cooling system, and we’ll definitely see how it will behave under pressure.
The iQOO Neo 6 has a triple camera setup on the back with a 64 MP OIS primary, an 8 MP ultrawide and a 2MP macro camera. There is a 16MP selfie shooter on the other side.
Finally, the iQOO Neo 6 uses a 4,700mAh battery that supports up to 80W fast charging. You bet the power adapter comes with the phone.
Let’s scroll through the iQOO Neo 6 specifications now.
iQOO Neo 6 specifications in an instant:
- Body: 163.0×76.2×8.5mm, 190g; Glass front, plastic frame, plastic back;
- Screen: 6.62 “AMOLED, 120Hz, HDR10 +, 500 nits (type), 800 nits (HBM), 1300 nits (peak), 1080x2400px resolution, 20: 9 aspect ratio, 398ppi.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8250-AC Snapdragon 870 5G (7 nm): Octa-core (1×3.2 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 585); Adreno 650.
- Memory: 128 GB 8 GB RAM, 256 GB 12 GB RAM; UFS 3.1.
- OS / Software: Android 12, Funtouch 12.
- Rear camera: Wide (head): 64 MP, f / 1.9, 1 / 1.72 “, 0.8 µm, PDAF, OIS; Ultra wide angle: 8 MP, f / 2.2, 116˚, 1 / 4.0 “, 1.12 ;m; Macro: 2 MP, f / 2.4.
- Front camera: 16 MP, f / 2.0, (wide), 1 / 3.1 “, 1.0 .m.
- Video recording: Rear camera: 4K @ 30fps, 1080p @ 30fps; Front camera: 1080p @ 30fps.
- Battery: 4700mAh; Fast charging 80W, 50% in 12 min, 100% in 32 min (advertised).
- Various: Fingerprint reader (under display, optical); Infrared port; stereo speakers.
There seems to be a little, if anything, missing on the iQOO Neo 6. The phone seems to have basic water protection, although there is no official mention of this, there are two speakers, NFC, fingerprint scanner under display, IR- blaster. Well, there’s no microSD expansion or audio jack, so it’s not all perfect, is it?
Currently, the iQOO Neo 6 is available in India in Dark Nova (ours) and Cyber Rage. It should also be launched in other markets later.
Unpacking the iQOO Neo 6
iQOO Neo 6 comes in a stylish box with a carbon-like pattern and yellow markings. Inside you will find the 80W power adapter and a 4A rated USB cable. There is also a soft transparent case.
Digging in further revealed a 3.5mm-to-USB-C adapter, which is very welcome. Although the phone does not come with an audio jack, the option is still available right out of the box.
Finally, the iQOO Neo 6, like many other phones, had a thin protective film on the screen. It is for scratch resistance, but is also a dirt magnet.