Comparison of the three Galaxy S23 phones – a quantum leap for Samsung
Today, the giant Korean company, Samsung, officially revealed its new flagship series of phones, which includes 3 copies: the regular Galaxy S23 version – Galaxy S23 and the Galaxy S23 Plus version, in addition to the top model, which is the Galaxy S23 Ultra version.
It is good that the Korean company added upgrades and features to the new series from previous phones, and here we put for you a comparison of the most important specifications and differences between the three new versions:
Unprecedented features for the Samsung Galaxy S23 series
Exceptional photography for series phones: The series provides an amazing imaging experience with ultra-modern cameras that give users the ability to explore their creativity, for example, users will be able to capture video clips during the night with true cinematic quality. This is thanks to artificial intelligence technologies, and the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor helps to make series phones offer a distinct experience that is enhanced by artificial intelligence technologies.
The new series also delivers the future-ready mobile gaming experience in powerful and sustainable ways, along with the world’s fastest graphics processor. In addition, the S23 Ultra has the S Pen, which many Galaxy device users have preferred since the discontinued “Samsung Galaxy Note” devices, as the stylus helps speed up productivity, take notes, and practice multiple hobbies.
Also read: Case design and phone holder for the Galaxy S23 series
In order to improve the amazing photography experience enjoyed by the Galaxy S23 series, the company has provided several advantages, including:
- Capture stable videos with double the angles of optical image stabilization (OIS) in all directions even in low light or in situations.
- Capture videos in even more cinematic quality with enhanced 8K video at 30fps at a wider angle.
- Support for advanced artificial intelligence that analyzes every detail of a scene within the frame, down to subtle facial features such as hair and eyes, to accurately reflect the dynamic characteristics of a person.
- A further enhanced video experience thanks to the new 360 Audio Recording feature on Galaxy Buds2 Pro that delivers multi-dimensional sound.
Comparing the three phones of the Galaxy S23 series –
Samsung Galaxy S23 specifications
Galaxy S23 features a 6.1-inch FHD+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X display that offers a Super Smooth refresh rate of 48 to 120 Hz and a touch sampling rate of 240 Hz in game mode for enhanced vision and enhanced comfort. The dimensions of the phone are 146.3 x 70.9 x 7.6 mm and it weighs about 168 grams.
As for photography, the Galaxy S23 has a triple camera unit on the back consisting of a 50-megapixel primary camera with f / 1.8 lens slot, a 12-megapixel ultra-wide camera with f / 2.2 lens slot, and a 10-megapixel telephoto camera with f / 2.4 lens slot with support Optical zoom up to 3x.
While on the front, the phone features a 12-megapixel camera with an f / 2.2 lens for taking selfies and video calls.
In terms of performance: the Galaxy S23 is powered by the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 For Galaxy processor from Qualcomm, paired with 8 GB of RAM and 256 GB of internal storage.
The phone comes with a 3900 mAh battery with support for 25W wired charging that supports the battery with up to 50% charge within 30 minutes and fast wireless charging 2.0, Wireless PowerShare feature.
The S23 runs Android 13 with Samsung’s new One UI 5.1 interface. Other features include support for 5G networks, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 5.3, LTE, Samsung Knox, Samsung Knox Vault, and an IP68 rating for dust and water resistance.
Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus price and specifications
- The Galaxy S23 Plus comes in dimensions of 76.2 x 157.8 x 7.6 mm, 196 g.
- Dynamic AMOLED 2X screen
- Size 6.6 inches
- FHD+ display quality
- Super Smooth 120Hz refresh rate (48~120Hz)
- 240Hz touch sampling rate in game mode
- Enhanced comfort technology support
- Support for “Vision booster” technology
- The phone is powered by the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor
- Random access memory (RAM) 8 GB
- Built-in internal storage with storage options of 256GB and 512GB
- Triple rear camera, 50 MP main camera with F1.8 lens slot
- The second camera has a very wide angle of 12 megapixels with an F2.2 lens slot
- The third camera is a 10-megapixel telephoto lens with 3x optical zoom and an aperture of F2.4
- 12MP front camera for selfies and video calls with F2.2 aperture, 80° field of view
- The battery capacity is 4700 mAh
- 45W wired charging supports battery charging to 65% in about 30 minutes
- 5A USB-C cable
- Fast Wireless Charging 2.0
- Wireless PowerShare
- Wired charging compatible with QC2.0 and AFC standards
- Android 13
- Samsung interface latest version (One UI 5.1)
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra specifications
The Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra comes with a 6.8-inch Dynamic AMOLED 2X screen with QHD + resolution, a Super Smooth refresh rate of 120 Hz (1~120 Hz), and a touch sampling rate of 240 Hz in gaming mode. The screen also supports “Enhanced comfort” and “Vision booster” technologies. For cameras, the phone has a 12-megapixel front camera, a quad-lens rear camera unit consisting of a 12-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera, and a 12-megapixel wide-angle camera. 200 megapixels, and a 10-megapixel telephoto camera that supports optical zoom up to 3x, and the fourth is a telephoto camera that also supports optical zoom up to 10x.
The phone is powered by Qualcomm’s flagship Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor with a manufacturing accuracy of 4nm, paired with 12GB of RAM and 512GB / 1TB of storage. It has a 5,000mAh battery that supports wired charging up to 65% in about 30 minutes using a 45W charger, along with support for Fast Wireless Charging 2.0, and Wireless PowerShare.
As for the connectivity features, it supports 5G networks, Wi-Fi 6E, dual SIM card slot, eSIM, GPS, Bluetooth 5.3 and near field communication (NFC) technology. NFC) and a USB Type-C port. The phone runs on the Android 13 operating system and One UI 5.1 interface, and will feature an IP68 rating for water and dust resistance. Its dimensions are 78.1 x 163.4 x 8.9 mm, and its weight is 234 grams.
1- Capture great photos in almost all lighting conditions with improved night photography capabilities based on a new image signal processing algorithm, supported by artificial intelligence. 2- The new 200MP camera is capable of capturing important moments with pinpoint accuracy. 4- The selfie camera is enhanced with Super HDR technology, as it increases from 30 frames to 60 frames per second. 5- The Expert RAW application, available exclusively on Samsung Galaxy devices, allows you to take pictures that are similar to the work of digital cameras.
- Outstanding performance:
1- Users will be able to see more realistic renderings of scenes, thanks to real-time ray tracing. 2- The now larger vapor cooling chamber ensures gaming competitions are enjoyed to the fullest extent. 3- AI performance has been improved by more than 40% To balance performance and power for photography, video and gaming with low latency. 4- Screen curvature provides the best visual experience. The screen will offer improved comfort, adjusting color tones and contrast levels to reduce eye strain, and adjusting the vision enhancement unit to four levels of illumination instead of two.
- Security and privacy:
1- The phone comes with comprehensive Samsung Knox protection from Samsung.
2- Users can easily access their data and how it is used through the security and privacy dashboard. 3- Knox Vault protects important information, providing additional protection against vulnerabilities.
- Wi-Fi 6E
- Support for 5G networks
- The phone is water resistant with IP68 standard up to 1.5 meters of fresh water for up to 30 minutes
- Protected from dust, dirt and sand, not recommended for use on the beach or in the pool.
Price and availability:
Inspired by nature, the Galaxy S23 series comes in four matte finishes: Phantom Black, Cream, Green, and Lavender, among others available exclusively through Samsung.com.
Starting February 17, 2023, the Galaxy S23 Ultra, Galaxy S23+, and Galaxy S23 will be widely available from carriers, retailers, and online. Samsung.
What do you think of the new Samsung flagship phones? Share your comments..