OnePlus 11R hands-on review
|128 GB 8 GB RAM||39,999 INR|
|256 GB 16 GB RAM||44,999 INR|
|Show all prices|
The OnePlus 11R is the latest in the company’s lineup of streamlined flagship phones for the Indian market. These devices essentially try to capture the essence of a flagship device, but sacrifice a few to achieve a lower price.
The OnePlus 11R may look identical to the more expensive OnePlus 11, but internally it’s almost identical to the recently launched Realme GT3, which shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone at this point. It’s also identical to the OnePlus Ace 2, which is actually the exact same phone meant for China.
OnePlus 11R specs at a glance:
- Body: 163.4×74.3×8.7mm, 204g.
- Screen: 6.74″ Fluid AMOLED, 1B colors, 120Hz, HDR10+, 1450 nits (peak), 1240x2772px resolution, 20.12:9 aspect ratio, 451ppi.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8475 Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 (4 nm): Octa-core (1×3.19 GHz Cortex-X2 & 3×2.75 GHz Cortex-A710 & 4×1.80 GHz Cortex-A510); Adreno 730.
- Memory: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 16GB RAM; UFS 3.1.
- OS/Software: Android 13, OxygenOS 13.
- Rear camera: wide (main): 50 MP, f/1.8, 24 mm, 1/1.56″, 1.0 µm, multi-directional PDAF, OIS; Ultra wide angle: 8MP, f/2.2, 120˚, 1/4.0″, 1.12µm; Macro: 2MP, f/2.4.
- Front camera: 16MP, f/2.4, 24mm (wide), 1/3.09″, 1.0µm.
- Video recording: Rear camera: [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/240fps, gyro-EIS; Front camera: 1080p at 30 fps.
- Battery: 5000mAh; 100W cable.
- Miscellaneous: Fingerprint reader (under display, optical); NFC; Infrared port; stereo speakers.
So what do we get and more importantly what do we lose compared to the more expensive OnePlus 11? A lot of things actually, but not to the extent that you would actually notice. The screen is still curved, but has a slightly lower resolution with around 35% fewer pixels. The chipset is last year’s flagship Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 rather than this year’s. The main camera is the same, but the ultra-wide is different and the telephoto has been replaced by a 2MP macro.
But the question is, how much of it will you really notice? Well, that’s exactly what we’re about to find out.
The OnePlus 11R comes in a standard red OnePlus packaging that includes the phone, a 100W SUPERVOOC charger with a USB-C connector and a USB-A to USB-C 2.0 cable that supports the proprietary fast charging. The screen protector is pre-attached.
The box also includes a black silicone case that has a fairly stiff cover for the USB port, making it a real struggle to plug in a cable every time.