Oppo F19 Pro+ 5G hands-on review
Introduction and specifications
Oppo’s release schedule for its F-Series is everywhere, so in less than a year we’ve now got the Oppo F19 Pro duo. The one in the spotlight right now is the Stuffers Plus model. It has a more powerful chipset, a slightly better build and faster charging than its more affordable siblings that are not Plus.
A quick foam through the specification sheet reveals a fairly balanced hardware line of Dimensity 800U 5G and a bright Super AMOLED screen. The battery seems to be pulling backwards with today’s standards, and the fact that the panel caps at 60Hz can sway away some potential buyers. Hopefully, 50W fast charging can compensate for the low capacity of the cell to some extent.
Oppo F19 Pro + 5G specifications at a glance:
- Body: 160.1×73.4×7.8mm, 173g; Gorilla Glass 5 front, glass back, plastic frame.
- Screen: 6.43 “Super AMOLED, 430 nits (type), 800 nits (peak), 1080x2400px resolution, 20: 9 aspect ratio, 409ppi.
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6853 Dimensity 800U 5G (7 nm): Octa-core (2×2.4 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55); Mali-G57 MC3.
- Memory: 128 GB 8 GB RAM; UFS 2.1; microSDXC (dedicated slot).
- OS / software: Android 11, ColorOS 11.1.
- Rear camera: Wide (head): 48 MP, f / 1.7, 25 mm, 1 / 2.0 “, 0.8 µm, PDAF; Ultra wide angle: 8 MP, f / 2.2, 16 mm, 119 °, 1 / 4.0 “, 1.12 µm; Macro: 2 MP, f / 2.4; Depth: 2 MP, f / 2.4.
- Front camera: 16 MP, f / 2.4, 26 mm (wide), 1 / 3.09 “, 1.0 .m.
- Video recording: Rear camera: 4K @ 30fps, 1080p @ 30 / 120fps; gyro-EIS, HDR; Front camera: 1080p @ 30 fps.
- Battery: 4310mAh; Fast charging 50W, 100% in 48 minutes (announced).
- Various: Fingerprint reader (on display, optical); 3.5 mm jack plug.
But as is usually the case with Oppo smartphones, the price tag will be the biggest challenge. Currently starting at around 25,990 INR, the phone has a lot of competition from Xiaomi and Realme, with both companies offering competitive and no doubt better models at lower prices.
People say the devil is in the details and we tend to agree. Therefore, we spent some time with F19 Pro + 5G to see how it feels personally. It’s not always about the specifications. For example, Oppo is especially proud of the F19 Pro + 5G’s design and ergonomics. Although the design does not appear to be anything out of the ordinary, the cabinet weighs only 173 g and is only 7.8 mm thick. The small 6.43-inch screen just adds to the overall appeal in terms of portability.
Unboxing of Oppo F19 Pro + 5G
The handset comes in a standard box with the usual user manuals, a 65W compatible wall charger (the phone supports up to 50W), USB-A to USB-C cable, a protective case and a pair of earphones.