Pro + means the top model in vivo’s list, and we have this year’s X60 Pro + for you today. The Pro + comes with a (rather confusing) X60 series and comes with an all-out Zeiss-branded quad-camera system, a top-chip chipset and a beautiful AMOLED screen, all in a beautiful (kind of) leather-covered body.
The camera is the X60 Pro’s main selling point with four focal lengths with something special about each module. These are mostly large sensors all around – ultrawide uses a large sensor located on a gimbal, the main unit has an even larger sensor (gimbal – no, OIS – yes), the short 2x tele has a large sensor when phones go. Large sensors are hard to fit in a periscope telecamera, but you get great zoom – 5x in this case.
Of course, any 2021 smartphone worth the salt must have the Snapdragon 888 chipset, and the X60 Pro + is no exception. The dual curved AMOLED screen is Samsung’s contribution to this vivo’s appeal. The one thing that gives us a break is the modest battery capacity, but the vegan leather on the back suggests that the look was high on the priority list, so a slimmer profile took precedence over autonomy.
an overview of vivo X60 Pro + specifications:
- Body: 158.6×73.4×9.1mm, 191g; Glass front, eco-leather back, aluminum frame.
- Screen: 6.56 “Super AMOLED, 120Hz, HDR10 +, 1300 nit (peak), 1080x2376px resolution, 19.8: 9 aspect ratio, 398ppi.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 5G (5 nm): Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680; Adreno 660.
- Memory: 128 GB 8 GB RAM, 256 GB 12 GB RAM; UFS 3.1.
- OS / software: Android 11, Funtouch 11.1 (International), OriginOS 1.0 (China).
- Rear camera: Wide (head): 50 MP, f / 1.6, 1 / 1.31 “, 1.2 µm, dual pixel PDAF, Laser AF, OIS; Ultra wide angle: 48 MP, 114 °, 1 / 2.0 “, 0.8 μm, gimbal stabilization; Tele: 32 MP, f / 2.1, 50 mm, 1 / 2.8 “, 0.8 ,m, PDAF, 2x optical zoom; Tele: 8 MP, f / 3.4, 125 mm, 1 / 4.0 “, PDAF, OIS, 5x optical zoom.
- Front camera: 32 MP, f / 2.5, 26 mm (wide), 1 / 2.8 “, 0.8 .m.
- Video recording: Rear camera: 8K @ 30fps, 4K @ 30 / 60fps, 1080p @ 30 / 60fps, gyro-EIS, HDR10 +; Front camera: 4K @ 30 fps, 1080p @ 30 fps.
- Battery: 4200mAh; Fast charging 55W.
- Various: Fingerprint reader (on display, optical); NFC.
vivo X60 Pro + unboxing
The X60 Pro + showed up at our front door in the same premium-look navy blue flat square box as the X60 Pro (non-plus). There is a picture of a camera lens collection printed on top as well as the model name in capital letters plus a Zeiss logo so you know where the lens is coming from.
Inside the box you get a complete set of accessories that are not characteristic at the moment. A 55-watt charger is the functionally important bit, and it comes with a matching USB-A-to-C cable. You also get a set of earbuds that end in a 3.5mm plug plus a USB-C to 3.5mm adapter so you have a place to connect the headset. And to round off the list, there is also a snap-on protective back cover.