|128 GB 4 GB RAM||$ 195.00||$ 199.99|
|64 GB 4 GB RAM||£ 127.99||1,099.00 kr|
|Show all prices|
The first few Moto G iterations were competitive, well-rounded, and adequately priced. Things have changed since then and the market is moving fast that Motorola is forced to play catch-up. The Moto G30 and G10 are this year’s low-end smartphones in the company’s portfolio and are dangerously close to each other in terms of price.
The subject of this review is the Moto G10, which starts at around € 150. It offers a budget Snapdragon 460 chipset, 4 GB / 64 GB basic memory configuration and a low-resolution 720p + screen, but large enough 6.5-inch diagonal by today’s standards . All the essentials are also in place, such as a versatile camera setup with 48MP main and 8MP ultra-wide cameras and a large 5,000 mAh battery.
Motorola Moto G10 Specifications at a Glance:
- Body: 165.2×75.7×9.2mm, 200g; Glass front, plastic backing, plastic frame; Water-repellent design.
- Screen: 6.50 “IPS LCD, 720x1600px resolution, 20: 9 aspect ratio, 269ppi.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM4250 Snapdragon 460 (11 nm): Octa-core (4×1.8 GHz Kryo 240 & 4×1.6 GHz Kryo 240); Adreno 610.
- Memory: 64 GB 4 GB RAM, 128 GB 4 GB RAM; microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot).
- OS / software: Android 11.
- Rear camera: Wide (head): 48 MP, f / 1.7, 26 mm, 1 / 2.0 “, 0.8 ,m, PDAF; Ultra wide angle: 8 MP, f / 2.2, 118 °, 1 / 4.0 “, 1.12 µm; Macro: 2 MP, f / 2.4; Depth: 2 MP, f / 2.4.
- Front camera: 8 MP, f / 2.2, (wide), 1 / 4.0 “, 1.12 µm.
- Video recording: Rear camera: 1080p @ 30 / 60fps; Front camera: 1080p @ 30 fps.
- Battery: 5000mAh; Charger 10W.
- Various: NFC; FM radio; 3.5 mm jack plug.
You might think this is what most other manufacturers are also offering at such a low price, but you will be amazed at the set of features that competitors have to offer in the under € 200 category these days.
The Moto G10 benefits include the main 48MP camera with a fairly bright f / 1.7 aperture, NFC for all markets, the water-repellent coating and the pure Android 11 experience with a few smart extra features. But are they enough to convince the mass consumer? We examine on the following pages.
Unboxing Motorola Moto G10
The Moto G10 comes in a standard retail box containing the usual user manuals along with a USB-A to USB-C charger cable and a travel charger rated at 10W. There is also a transparent silicone protective case that fits perfectly around the phone.
The charger is not very fast, but 10W is the most the Moto G10 will take anyway. In contrast, the Moto G30 comes with a higher level with faster charging support and a similar 30W charger.