To make sure your website is successful, you need to understand backlinks and the link popularity process.
What is a backlink?
A backlink is a link from another website that links to your website.
One of the most important aspects of SEO optimization is getting relevant, good quality backlinks. In fact, Google evaluates the value of a web page by the number of links that enter it – (inbound links). This might be a bit simplistic because Google is also looking at a number of other factors, including:
* the value of the page that contains your link – if this page has a high pagerank, the link is worth more
* the content of the page that refers you – is this information relevant to your website
* the content of your web page
In other words, if your site is about cell phones and you have a link from a cell phone accessories site with a high pagerank, it increases the value of your site. On the other hand, if you have a link from a dog training website, the relevance of the content is not there and Google probably won’t give that link as much importance as the first one. link.
What kind of back links should you get?
It is important that when working on your back linking strategy you consider what type of back linking you will need for the site. If your site is about cell phones, the links you want to see enter your site must somehow include the keyword “cell phones”. There is no point in getting a link to your site from other websites that have the words “click here” or “buy now”.
So if your site is about dog training for example and you go to a website for a back link, be sure to let them know that you want them to link to you using the words- key “dog training” or similar in the link.
Best Ways To Get Back Links
- Submit to social networking sites
- Submit to social bookmarks
- Answer questions on Yahoo Answers and add your URL
- Post a classified ad on sites like usfreeads.com and craigslist.com
- Create a Squidoo page
- Create a Hub Page
- Post in forums
- Leave blog comments on follow blogs
- Submit to directories
- Write articles and publish in article directories
- Write good quality content and other websites will refer you naturally