|256 GB 12 GB RAM||$ 1,177.77||€ 1,149.00|
|Show all prices|
We’ve come to appreciate Oppo’s relentless drive to break the mold and introduce unorthodox innovations – be it a swivel or pop-up camera, geometry-inspired panels, VOOC fast charging or even football themes.
The latest Find X3 Pro flagship also does not shy away from innovation – in addition to the groundbreaking specifications and design, the new Find also focuses heavily on 10-bit color by pushing 10-bit cameras and a 10-bit screen to make sure see what you have captured in its full splendor.
In fact, the Oppo Find X3 Pro was unveiled under the Awaken Color slogan, meaning you can capture and see 1 billion colors at the touch of a button – something you can’t do anywhere else, not so easily, at least.
There is a curved 6.7 “10-bit OLED display with high resolution and high refresh rate, while on the back you will find a quartet of snappers that can capture the world around you with 10-bit color.
The entire Find X3 Pro is carefully designed to enclose these two key features in an extraordinary shape and waterproof body. Everything looks so good and the organic curves around the rear camera are something we have not seen so far, so kudos for that!
The quad camera on the back also brings surprises – while it looks like your typical quartet with wide / ultra wide / tele / macro, it’s actually more than it looks. The two wide snappers use identical 50MP Sony IMX 766 sensors with different optics, of course, then we have a 13MP 2x telephoto and a 3MP microscope camera with 60x magnification and an LED ring flash around the whole thing. The microcamera allows you to see details that are invisible to the naked eye and sound really cool on paper. We just can not wait to test it. Is that another gimmick? Maybe! But color us fascinated as we have not seen such a type of shooter on any phone.
Oppo Find X3 Pro offers the current best Snapdragon 888 chipset with a 5G modem and support for thirteen 5G bands.
The phone is sold in a single configuration, but it is more than suitable for a flagship – 12 GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256 GB UFS3.1 storage.
You also get Dolby Atmos-certified stereo speakers and a large 4,500 mAh battery with the latest 65 W VOOC fast charging. It can even perform fast wireless and reverse wireless charging if that’s your thing.
Oppo Find X3 Pro specifications at a glance:
- Body: 163.6×74.0×8.3mm, 193g; Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), glass back, aluminum frame; IP68 dust / water repellent (up to 1.5 m in 30 minutes).
- Screen: 6.70 “LTPO AMOLED, 1B colors, 120Hz, HDR10 +, 500 nits (type), 1300 nits (peak), 1440x3216px resolution, 20.1: 9 aspect ratio, 525ppi.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 (5 nm): Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4x 0.80 GHz Kryo 680; Adreno 660.
- Memory: 256 GB 8 GB RAM, 256 GB 12 GB RAM; UFS 3.1.
- OS / software: Android 11, ColorOS 11.2.
- Rear camera: Wide (head): 50 MP, f / 1.8, 1 / 1.56 “, 1.0 μm, omnidirectional PDAF, OIS; Ultra wide angle: 50 MP, f / 2.2, 110 °, 1 / 1.56 “, 1.0 μm, omnidirectional PDAF; Tele: 13 MP, f / 2.4, 52 mm, 2x optical zoom, 5x hybrid zoom, PDAF; Macro: 3 MP, f / 3.0.
- Front camera: 32 MP, f / 2.4, 26 mm (wide), 1 / 2.8 “, 0.8 .m.
- Video recording: Rear camera: 4K @ 30 / 60fps, 1080p @ 30/60 / 240fps; gyro-EIS; HDR, 10-bit video; Front camera: 1080p @ 30 fps.
- Battery: 4500mAh; Fast charging 65W, 40% in 10 minutes (announced), fast wireless charging 30W, 100% in 80 min (announced), reverse wireless charging 10W, SuperVOOC 2.0, USB power supply.
- Various: Fingerprint reader (on display, optical); stereo speakers; NFC.
A quick look through these specifications and we are already fascinated by the 10-bit lifters and the microscope camera. We appreciate Oppo throwing off official IP68 certification, and it looks like Xiaomi is the last of the biggest manufacturers to still stubbornly refuse to get it for its phones.
The Find X3 Pro will be sold in many international markets, and Oppo offers a free global warranty to go with it, similar to what Apple promises for its iPhones and Macbooks. This is one of the concerns when buying a Chinese phone and we like that Oppo is intensifying its game.
And let’s remove our Gloss Black Oppo Find X3 Pro without further ado.
Unboxing of Oppo Find X3 Pro
Unlike those Galaxies and iPhones, the Oppo Find X3 Pro arrives in a big fat retail box filled with stuff. In addition to your new Find X, inside, you’ll also find a 65W VOOC 2.0 power adapter and a 6.5 A-rated USB-A-to-C cable that you need to reach the maximum watts.
The retail package also includes a USB-C EarPods-like headset and a black rubber protective case with a fine matte finish.
Oppo Find X3 Pro comes with a thin plastic film applied to the screen, but this can hardly pass to a screen protector. There is a Gorilla Glass 5 that protects the screen so you are well covered. This cheap movie gets smeared in seconds, so we would suggest peeling it right away and choosing a proper protector if you decide you need one, ie.