|128 GB 6 GB RAM||$ 199.99||$ 209.99|
|Show all prices|
Doogee has been known for its rugged phones, and it seems to be excellent, yet budget alternatives to several premium devices like CATs. Doogee (pronounced: dʒi: if you were wondering) sells well-specified, almost indestructible phones at an affordable price, and if you happen to lose yours in e.g. A lava pit, yes, you would not care so much and you just buy another one.
And here is one of those strangely interesting specimens – the Doogee S88 Pro. It has been sitting in our backlog for a while, but we are glad we finally got to review it.
Like many other rugged phones, this S88 Pro has a transformer-like look with a ruggedly beautiful body made of metal and rubber for, among other things, IP69K water and drop resistance. It has a decent 1080p display, adequate hardware for the job, a modern camera setup, but what’s probably the most important sales feature is the huge 10,000 mAh battery. Wow!
So the Doogee S88 Pro offers a 6.3 “1080p IPS LCD screen, it runs on Helio P70 chip and packs a triple camera on the back with a 21MP primary, an 8MP ultra wide shooter and an 8MP depth sensor (it should be There are more custom and emergency keys, you also get a fingerprint scanner mounted on the frame, while on the back two eye-shaped LEDs complement the front notification light.
Doogee S88 Pro at a glance:
- Body: 171.6×85.5×18.7mm, 372g; Front Gorilla Glass, plastic / metal back with reinforced soft corners, aluminum frame; IP68 / IP69K dust / water repellent (up to 1.5 m in 30 minutes), drop resistance to concrete from up to 2.0 m, MIL-STD-810G compatible.
- Screen: 6.30 “IPS LCD, 1080x2340px resolution, 19.5: 9 aspect ratio, 410ppi.
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6771T Helio P70 (12 nm): Octa-core (2×2.1 GHz Cortex-A73 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A53); Mali-G72 MP3 GPU.
- Memory: 128 GB, 6 GB RAM; microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot).
- OS / software: Android 10.
- Rear camera: Wide (head): 21 MP, f / 2.2, 1 / 2.4 “, 1.12 µm, PDAF; Ultra wide angle: 8 MP, f / 2.2, 130 °, 1 / 4.0 “, 1.12 µm; Depth: 8 MP, f / 2.2.
- Front camera: 16 MP, f / 2.2.
- Video recording: Rear camera: 1080p @ 30 fps; Front camera: 720p @ 30 fps.
- Battery: 10,000 mAh; Fast charging 24W. Wireless charging 10W. Reverse wireless charging 5W.
- Various: Fingerprint reader (side mounted); FM radio, NFC, Iron Man-like message LED eyes on the back.
Unboxing Doogee S88 Pro
The Doogee S88 Pro comes packaged in a large paper box, but it’s a great phone, right? In any case, you’ll find a 24W charger, a USB-C cable, a 3.5mm-to-USB-C adapter, and a small sling.
The S88 Pro also comes with a thin screen protector that you can easily use yourself. Well, it should be easy, even if we have a little along with ours.
We expected a tempered glass – like the one Ulefone sends with its armor phones – but Doogee’s is just a pretty thin plastic film, although the manufacturer claims that it is explosion-proof. Right…