|256 GB 8 GB RAM||$ 749.00||$ 899.99|
|128 GB 8 GB RAM||$ 839.99||$ 899.99|
|256 GB 12 GB RAM||$ 959.99||$ 999.99|
|Show all prices|
Xiaomi Mi 11 became official three days before the long-awaited end of 2020. And while the new year did not prove to be the herald of change we wanted it to be, the Mi 11 is at the forefront of the next generation of flagships, and we sees forward to release.
Well, the global debut happened a few weeks after the Chinese premiere, and the international version of the Xiaomi Mi 11 is now here. It’s the first (announced) smartphone with the latest Snapdragon 888 chip, but it’s so much more.
Mi 11 brings many meaningful updates over Mi 10. It introduces a new larger 6.81 “AMOLED screen with a higher 1440p resolution and faster 120Hz refresh rate. The panel supports HDR10 + and its maximum brightness is impressive at 1500 nits. Another great treat is the original 10-bit color support, so the Mi 11 can display up to 1 billion colors.
We mentioned the new Snapdragon 888 chip, but it’s no surprise – everyone expects the latest top smartphone to come with the best hardware available. And usually a new monitor and SoC are enough for an upgrade.
The Mi 11 seems to pack the same camera equipment as the Mi 10, though Xiaomi has added a few new video tricks in the bag for those interested in making popular movies with Hollywood-like effects. The 108MP primary, 13MP ultra-wide and 20MP selfie snappers appear to be lifted from the Mi 10 with minor changes, but the macro camera has been updated with a 5MP higher resolution sensor with autofocus and 48mm macro lens.
The battery has also experienced some improvement – while it is a smaller hair (4600mAh vs. 4760 mAh), it is divided into two parts, and it can therefore be quickly charged both wired and wireless at 55W and 50W respectively. Xiaomi even gives you the right 55W GaN charger for it.
Mi 11 has an updated stereo speaker system set by Harman / Kardon for maximum experience. The speakers also turned out to be waterproof and while the phone has no official IP rating, it is a very good sign.
Now let’s take a closer look at the Mi 11 specification sheet.
Overview of Xiaomi Mi 11 specifications:
- Body: 164.3×74.6×8.1mm, 194g; Glass front (Gorilla Glass Victus), glass back (Gorilla Glass 5) or eco-leather back, aluminum frame.
- Screen: 6.81 “AMOLED, 1B colors, 120Hz, HDR10 +, 1500 nit (peak), 1440x3200px resolution, 20: 9 aspect ratio, 515ppi.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 (5 nm): Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4x 0.80 GHz Kryo 680; Adreno 660.
- Memory: 128 GB 8 GB RAM, 256 GB 8 GB RAM, 256 GB 12 GB RAM; UFS 3.1.
- OS / software: Android 11, MIUI 12.
- Rear camera: Wide (head): 108 MP, f / 1.9, 26 mm, 1 / 1.33 “, 0.8 ,m, PDAF, OIS; Ultra wide angle: 13 MP, f / 2.4, 123 °, 1 / 3.06 “, 1.12 ;m; Macro: 5 MP, f / 2.4, 1 / 5.0 “, 1.12 .m.
- Front camera: 20 MP, f / 2.2, 27 mm (wide), 1 / 3.4 “, 0.8 .m.
- Video recording: Rear camera: 8K @ 24 / 30fps, 4K @ 30 / 60fps, 1080p @ 30/60/120 / 240fps; gyro-EIS, HDR10 +; Front camera: 1080p @ 30 / 60fps, 720p @ 120fps.
- Battery: 4600mAh; Fast charging 55W, 100% in 45 min (announced), fast wireless charging 50W, 100% in 53 min (announced), reverse wireless charging 10W, power supply 3.0, fast charging 4+.
- Various: Fingerprint reader (on display, optical); NFC; Infrared port.
Mi 11 is also of premium building. It uses Gorilla Glass Victus on the front and Gorilla Glass 5 on the back, both curved. The aluminum frame is also a good touch. You can also get the Mi 11 with an eco-leather back if that’s your thing.
Unboxing of Xiaomi Mi 11
The Mi 11 was to be the company’s first smartphone to be packed in a charger-free box. But unlike Samsung, Xiaomi’s plans seem to have been derailed by user pressure.
Now in the Asian markets, the phone comes with the new thin box without charger. But rest assured, Xiaomi allows you to request a charger with your Mi 11 order if you want one and you receive the 55W GaN adapter for free.
Meanwhile, the rest of the world gets the 55W GaN charger inside the retail box as standard. We have the EU version of the Mi 11 here, and it comes packaged in a plain paper box.
In addition to the 55W charger and Mi 11, it also includes a 6A-rated USB-C-to-A cable and a transparent silicone case.
We almost missed the last piece of the retail package – it’s a USB-C-to-3.5mm adapter for your favorite wired headphones. It was hidden inside a small paper holster. It has been a while since we last saw such an accessory.
Xiaomi also sells this beautiful à la Pixel fabric bag, which looks and feels premium. The Chinese translation on the back says that it is an imitation and made of PU + PC, and everything in this case is actually made of plastic, even the fibers. But it does not feel cheap at all, quite the contrary.