|128 GB 6 GB RAM||$ 999.00||$ 999.99|
|256 GB 6 GB RAM||$ 1,099.00||$ 1,099.99|
|512 GB 6 GB RAM||$ 1,299.00||$ 1,299.99|
|Show all prices|
The ‘biggest camera update ever’ on an iPhone does not have to come in a large iPhone, at least not a Max size – the iPhone 13 Pro does. Unlike last year, when only 12 Pro Max got the ultimate camera system, the differences between the two Pro sizes are simply in quantity, not in quality.
The little Pro packs the all-new main camera with a larger sensor that switches around for image stabilization, the same device that is in the Max. It also has the now longer 3x tele that Max has. The iPhone 12 Pro was paralyzed in these two areas last year compared to the 12 Pro Max, and we’m glad Apple’s stopped that difference. The new ultrawide with autofocus and close-ups is also a common feature of the two professionals.
It’s not just the cameras either – the 13 Pro also gets the ProMotion screen.
Other upgrades shared across the series also make it the 13 Pro. With 10%, the increase in battery capacity is not huge, but the adaptive update will do its part to improve the life. The A15 chipset is, as always, a bit more powerful than the previous one, and perhaps overly so compared to non-apples. The 20% reduction in notch size also deserves mention – more for the comic value of the statement than for the significance of the development.
Overview of Apple iPhone 13 Pro:
- Body: 146.7×71.5×7.7mm, 204g; Glass front (Gorilla Glass), glass back (Gorilla Glass), stainless steel frame; IP68 dust / water resistant (up to 6m for 30 minutes), Apple Pay (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX certified).
- Screen: 6.10 “Super Retina XDR OLED, 120Hz, HDR10, Dolby Vision, 1000 nits (HBM), 1200 nits (peak), 1170x2532px resolution, 19.48: 9 aspect ratio, 460ppi; Wide color gamut, True-tone.
- Chipset: Apple A15 Bionic (5 nm): Hexa-core (2×3.22 GHz Avalanche + 4xX.X GHz Blizzard); Apple GPU (5-core graphics).
- Memory: 128 GB 6 GB RAM, 256 GB 6 GB RAM, 512 GB 6 GB RAM, 1 TB 6 GB RAM; NVMe.
- OS / software: iOS 15.
- Rear camera: Wide (head): 12 MP, f / 1.5, 26 mm, 1.9 ,m, dual pixel PDAF, sensor-shift OIS; Tele: 12 MP, f / 2.8, 77 mm, PDAF, OIS, 3x optical zoom; Ultra wide angle: 12 MP, f / 1.8, 13 mm, 120˚, PDAF; Depth: TOF 3D LiDAR scanner.
- Front camera: Wide (head): 12 MP, f / 2.2, 23 mm, 1 / 3.6 “; Depth: SL 3D.
- Video recording: Rear camera: 4K @ 24/30 / 60fps, 1080p @ 30/60/120 / 240fps, 10-bit HDR, Dolby Vision HDR (up to 60fps), ProRes, Cinematic mode, stereo sound recording; Front camera: 4K @ 24/25/30 / 60fps, 1080p @ 30/60 / 120fps, gyro-EIS.
- Battery: 3095mAh; Fast charging 23W, 50% in 30 minutes (announced), USB Power Delivery 2.0, MagSafe wireless charging 15W, Qi magnetic fast wireless charging 7.5W.
- Miscellaneous: Face ID, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer; NFC; Siri commands and natural language dictation, Ultra Wideband (UWB) support.
Apple iPhone 13 Pro unboxing
Apple’s unboxing experience in 2020 returns in 2021, with a twist. There is still color coding – black box means Pro, white is vanilla, and there looks like the phone printed on the lid in the corresponding color to the device inside. Perhaps you will appreciate the satisfying way in which the paper seal tears along its dotted line, the novelty created by a development in packaging that eliminated plastic outer sleeve.
Everything that comes secondary to what is inside the flat box and there is not much. Aside from the iPhone 13 Pro, you get a USB -C to Lightning cable, a SIM pin, and an Apple sticker, and that’s it – the rest is just documentation.