|128 GB 4 GB RAM||$ 699.99||$ 729.00|
|256 GB 4 GB RAM||$ 799.99||$ 829.00|
|512 GB 4 GB RAM||$ 999.99||$ 1,029.00|
|Show all prices|
The Apple iPhone 13 mini is the most compact flagship smartphone money one can buy. It is also easy enough to directly recommend to anyone looking for this type of device. It is astonishingly rare to find such a pocket-friendly smartphone, let alone one of flagship caliber.
Apple launched the first iPhone mini a year ago, and while it did not prove to be the massive success some were hoping for, it was still a popular purchase among fans of compact phones, both Android and iOS. But due to the lack of sales, rumor has it that the iPhone 13 mini will be the last of its kind before being merged with the iPhone SE in a year or two.
The iPhone 13 mini brings few updates compared to the iPhone 12 mini – an improved chipset, a better main camera with new sensor and stabilization, about 10% increase in battery capacity and a few software features. And a small screen notch, of course! But we imagine few if any iPhone 12 mini users will upgrade to iPhone 13 mini.
But as a standalone smartphone, the iPhone 13 mini seems like a great deal for several reasons – it’s the cheapest current flagship iPhone with an unsurpassed compact and lightweight design. It uses the most durable design on the market to date, runs on the most powerful Apple A15 chip with 5G, has excellent cameras, high stereo speakers and a stunning 5.4 “OLED screen with Dolby Vision support.
Let’s quickly review the specifications now.
Overview of Apple iPhone 13 mini specifications:
- Body: 131.5×64.2×7.7 mm, 141 g; Glass front (Gorilla Glass), glass back (Gorilla Glass), aluminum frame; IP68 dust / water resistant (up to 6m for 30 minutes), Apple Pay (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX certified).
- Screen: 5.40 “Super Retina XDR OLED, HDR10, Dolby Vision, 800 nits (HBM), 1200 nits (peak), 1080x2340px resolution, 19.5: 9 aspect ratio, 476ppi; Wide color scale, True-tone.
- Chipset: Apple A15 Bionic (5 nm): Hexa-core (2×3.22 GHz Avalanche + 4xX.X GHz Blizzard); Apple GPU (4-core graphics).
- Memory: 128 GB 4 GB RAM, 256 GB 4 GB RAM, 512 GB 4 GB RAM; NVMe.
- OS / software: iOS 15.
- Rear camera: Wide (head): 12 MP, f / 1.6, 26mm, 1.7µm, dual pixel PDAF, sensor-shift OIS; Wide (head): 12 MP, f / 1.6, 26mm, 1.7µm, dual pixel PDAF, sensor-shift OIS.
- Front camera: Wide (head): 12 MP, f / 2.2, 23 mm, 1 / 3.6 “; Wide (head): 12 MP, f / 2.2, 23 mm, 1 / 3.6 “.
- Video recording: Rear camera: 4K @ 24/30 / 60fps, 1080p @ 30/60/120 / 240fps, HDR, Dolby Vision HDR (up to 60fps), stereo sound recording; Front camera: 4K @ 24/25/30 / 60fps, 1080p @ 30/60 / 120fps, gyro-EIS.
- Battery: 2438mAh; Fast charging 20W, 50% in 30 minutes (announced), USB Power Delivery 2.0, MagSafe wireless charging 15W, Qi magnetic fast wireless charging 7.5W.
- Miscellaneous: Face ID, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer; NFC; Siri commands and natural language dictation, Ultra Wideband (UWB) support.
For a device of this size, the Apple iPhone 13 mini is packed with features. We can only appreciate how Apple made the mini possible without cutting corners – it’s basically a shrunken version of the regular iPhone 13. It even offers Face ID and MagSafe wireless charging. And despite the new improvements, Apple also managed to increase battery capacity.
The iPhone 13 mini, like the iPhone 13, has a standard 60Hz OLED, though this is not surprising. The ProMotion screen is reserved for iPhone ProModels. And that’s probably the only missing feature worth mentioning before we start this review.
Unpacking the Apple iPhone 13 mini
The iPhone 13 mini may be full of features, but the retail store is the opposite. Inside the thin paper box you will find the iPhone 13 mini and a USB cable.
If you dig a little deeper, you will also discover the SIM exhaust pin and an Apple sticker. This year, Apple removed all plastic packaging from its boxes and became even greener, so we guess the iconic sticker will soon be a goner.