|64 GB 4 GB RAM||$ 155.99||$ 159.99|
|128 GB 4 GB RAM||$ 168.49||$ 179.99|
|64 GB 6 GB RAM||8,396 kr|
|Show all prices|
Forget iPhones, galaxies, Redmis and what not. Meet the hottest phone of the season – Poco M3. Everyone is talking about this model of the Xiaomi-supported brand and rightly so. It has everything needed to become a bestseller – good looks, a nice screen, excellent battery, stereo speakers and a nice camera setup. And all these goodies come with a cheap price!
Poco is now an independent brand from Xiaomi, although Xiaomi still produces everything Poco designs. Even down to the software Poco phones run or the chargers they use – it all comes from Xiaomi, so the independence of the two brands is not so obvious, at least for now.
But Xiaomi or not, the Poco M3 has the typical bang for the buck we have seen from many Xiaomi and Poco phones before. The first thing you will notice about the new M3 is the not so typical look, and we appreciate the grippy leather-like plastic and the unique elements like the large POCO-labeled glass on the back.
We had expected specs to be diluted a bit at this price point, but the Poco M3 seems to mark all fields. It has a significant 1080p screen with a small notch, a good chipset, all sorts of connectivity options, stereo speakers and an impressive battery with 6,000 mAh capacity and fast charging. Oh, and the quick charger is included in the box.
The triple rear camera is probably the only feature that took a hit to keep the price so low – while overwritten by a high-resolution 48MP sensor, it omits an ultra-wide cam and offers macro and depth-of-field shooting instead. There is also no 4K video, just 1080p. Then again, look at the price of the phone! We would say that this setup is still overqualified for the money you pay.
Finally, the Poco M3 runs on Android 10 with MIUI 12 for Poco. There are not many differences from the standard MIUI12, and the phone is expected to receive the usual MIUI update treatment in the coming years.
Overview of Xiaomi Poco M3 specifications:
- Body: 162.3×77.3×9.6mm, 198g; Glass front (Gorilla Glass 3), plastic back, plastic frame.
- Screen: 6.53 “IPS LCD, 400 nits (type), 1080x2340px resolution, 19.5: 9 aspect ratio, 395ppi.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM6115 Snapdragon 662 (11 nm): Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver); Adreno 610.
- Memory: 64 GB 4 GB RAM, 128 GB 4 GB RAM; UFS 2.1 – 64 GB 4 GB RAM, UFS 2.2 – 128 GB 4 GB RAM; microSDXC (dedicated slot).
- OS / software: Android 10, MIUI 12.
- Rear camera: Wide (head): 48 MP, f / 1.8, 1 / 2.0 “, 0.8 um, PDAF; Wide (head): 48 MP, f / 1.8, 1 / 2.0 “, 0.8 um, PDAF; Wide (head): 48 MP, f / 1.8, 1 / 2.0 “, 0.8 um, PDAF.
- Front camera: 8 MP, f / 2.1, (wide), 1 / 4.0 “, 1.12 µm.
- Video recording: Rear camera: 1080p @ 30 fps; Front camera: 1080p @ 30 fps.
- Battery: 6000 mAh; Fast charging 18W, reverse charging.
- Various: Fingerprint reader (side mounted); FM radio; Infrared port; stereo speakers; 3.5 mm jack plug.
The ultrawide camera and some basic water protection are the only things missing on this specification sheet. Still, we are talking about a fairly affordable smartphone that is packed with features and something might provide. But the Poco M3 seems to be getting close, really close to that.
Unboxing of Poco M3
Poco M3 comes packed in a dark yellow box and it is full of goodies. The phone is of course inside a USB cable and a 22.5 W QC3 charger from Xiaomi. The Poco M3 supports fast charging of 18 W, so its 22.5 W adapter is slightly overqualified for the job.
The paper compartment contains the SIM exhaust tool, a transparent silicone case and a screen protector. On a!
But wait, there’s more! There is one last compartment at the bottom where you will find three Poco bracelets – one braided and two silicone bracelets made in Poco’s signature yellow and black shades.