|128 GB 6 GB RAM||$ 379.00||$ 383.99|
|128 GB 8 GB RAM||$ 415.00||£ 310.00|
|Show all prices|
7Ah. That’s the battery capacity of the Samsung Galaxy M51 we have for you today. Sure, you can call it 7,000 mAh (thanks, AND), but with such large and nicely round capacities, we might as well go for the fewer symbols and extra shock value.
There’s not much else too exciting in this Galaxy’s specsheet, but there’s not a whole lot missing either. A Snapdragon 730G chipset should provide decent performance without putting a lot of pressure on the battery, the 6.7-inch SuperAMOLED screen is large and soft, and the 64MP camera is a notch above the standard 48MP devices.
What is missing is a high refresh rate on the screen, and 90Hz panels are now very common in the M51’s price range, where the odd 120Hz panel also appears. A phone camera would also have been nice, although phones are not exactly common in this segment. Nowhere to be found on the M51 is also not 5G support.
Overview of Samsung Galaxy M51:
- Body: 163.9×76.3×9.5mm, 213g; Glass front (Gorilla Glass 3+), plastic back, plastic frame.
- Screen: 6.70 “Super AMOLED Plus, 1080x2400px resolution, 20: 9 aspect ratio, 393ppi.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM730 Snapdragon 730G (8 nm): Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 470 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 470 Silver); Adreno 618.
- Memory: 128 GB 6 GB RAM, 128 GB 8 GB RAM; microSDXC (dedicated slot).
- OS / software: Android 10, a user interface 2.5.
- Rear camera: Wide (head): 64 MP, f / 1.8, 26 mm, 1 / 1.73 “, 0.8 µm, PDAF; Ultra wide angle: 12 MP, f / 2.2, 123 °; Macro: 5 MP, f / 2.4; Depth: 5 MP, f / 2.4.
- Front camera: 32 MP, f / 2.0, 26 mm (wide), 1 / 2.8 “, 0.8 .m.
- Video recording: Rear camera: 4K @ 30 fps, 1080p @ 30 fps; Front camera: 4K @ 30 fps, 1080p @ 30 fps.
- Battery: 7000mAh; Fast charging 25 W, 100% in 115 minutes (announced), Reverse cable charging.
- Various: Fingerprint reader (side mounted); NFC; FM radio.
In fact, if you go over the list above, you may notice that the Galaxy M51 is not unlike the A71 as far as the numbers go – except of course the 7Ah number (the A71’s battery stands at 4.5Ah). Another change is the move of the fingerprint sensor – the A71 has it under the screen, the M51 gets a side-mounted solution.
However, the specs tell only half of the story and we want to be sure to see how they translate into real performance. But first a look at the retail package.
Samsung Galaxy M51 unboxing
The Galaxy M51 arrives in a simple white cardboard box, but there is a glossy color print on the phone on top of a little extra pop.
Inside, Samsung has put all the important things in – you get a charger, a USB-C cable and a set of earbuds. The charger is also the best they have right now – the 25W that supports USB power supply with PPS. What did not come in the box is a kind of protective case – we are more or less used to finding a basic transparent silicone with phones in this segment.