Oppo Reno4 Pro 5G review
|256 GB 12 GB RAM||$ 656.09||C $ 821.98|
|Show all prices|
Oppo Reno4 Pro 5G with the headline on the Reno4 family comes with a capable Snapdragon 765G chipset, a 90Hz AMOLED screen and a three-set cameras on the back. We only reviewed the 4G version a while ago, and now it’s time for the 5G variant.
Reno4 Pro 5G (left) next to Reno4 Pro
It’s not just next-generation connectivity that sets them apart, remember. As part of the upgraded chipset, you also get a boost in performance over Reno4 Pro, especially in the graphics department. In a way, it’s a flagship chip – if the Pixel 5 can pass to a flagship.
In addition, the 5G version’s camera system is a significant upgrade over Reno4 Pro’s standard setup, even though it’s a device card and it uses the same primary shooter. Here you get a 2x telephoto, which is missing on the other phone, and a nicer 13MP ultra-wide replaces the 8MP device and also works as a macro camera thanks to its autofocus function.
A few other differences can be seen elsewhere, and it’s mostly a matter of things missing – there’s no microSD or headphone jack on this model, and an FM radio is nowhere to be found either. With a positive note, the 5G version comes with stereo speakers, and it is twice as many as on the 4G variant.
Oppo Reno4 Pro 5G specifications
- Body: 159.6×72.5×7.6mm, 172g; Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), glass back (Gorilla Glass 5), aluminum frame; Colors: Galactic Blue, Space Black, White, Pink, Green.
- Screen: 6.55 “AMOLED, 1080x2400px resolution, 20: 9 aspect ratio, 402ppi; 90Hz refresh rate.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM765 Snapdragon 765G (7 nm): Octa-core (1×2.4 GHz Kryo 475 Prime & 1×2.2 GHz Kryo 475 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 475 Silver); Adreno 620.
- Memory: 128 GB 8 GB RAM, 256 GB 12 GB RAM; UFS 2.1.
- OS / software: Android 10, ColorOS 7.2.
- Rear camera: Wide (head): 48 MP, f / 1.7, 26 mm, 1 / 2.0 “, 0.8 ,m, PDAF, Laser AF, OIS; Telephoto: 13 MP, f / 2.4, 52 mm, 1 / 3.4 “, 1.0 ,m, PDAF, 2x optical zoom; Ultra wide angle: 12 MP, f / 2.2, 120˚, 1 / 2.43 “, 1.4 ,m, AF; LED flash, HDR, panorama.
- Front camera: 32 MP, f / 2.4, 26 mm (wide), 1 / 2.8 “, 0.8 ;m; HDR.
- Video recording: Rear camera: 4K @ 30fps, 1080p @ 30/60 / 120fps; gyro-EIS, OIS, HDR; Front camera: 1080p @ 30 fps, gyro-EIS.
- Battery: 4000mAh; Fast charging 65 W, 60% in 15 minutes, 100% in 36 minutes (announced), SuperVOOC 2.0.
- Various: Fingerprint (during display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass; NFC.
Oppo Reno4 Pro 5G unboxing
The Reno4 Pro 5G arrives in pretty much the same package as we got the non-5G version. A blue-green sleeve with a dreamy soft Reno device holds the white cardboard box.
A complete set of accessories can be found inside. The 65W SuperVOOC 2.0 charger is the most important bit, and there is a cable included – as usual with proprietary charging systems, you need to stick to both the adapter and the cable if you want a 30-minute charging function.
A set of earphones is also included, and they look quite nice – the Oppo green masks against the white of the buttons act as a nice accent. A clear silicone protective case for the handset completes the package.