Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G review
|128 GB 8 GB RAM||€ 399.90|
|Show all prices|
It all started with the Redmi Note 10 series. Xiaomi’s mid-range expansion continued with the Poco X3 and F3 models. And now it looks like the manufacturer will end this chapter with the Mi 11 Lite duo. Today we have the Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G model – the more powerful of the two versions and 5G-enabled of course.
Xiaomi’s Mi 11 Lite 5G seems like a proper Lite model of the Mi 11 flagship. They both share similar designs and this is the first narrative. Both phones have advanced HRR OLED screens, powerful chipsets and camera setups with similar capabilities.
The Mi 11 Lite 5G is not so curved, and its OLED is the standard 1080p resolution, while the refresh rate reaches a maximum of 90Hz. Then there’s the SoC – it’s one of the most powerful pieces of hardware in the middle, the Snapdragon 780G – but it’s certainly not as fast as the Mi 11’s Snapdragon 888. Finally, the main camera is 64MP instead of 108MP, and the ultra-wide snapper is only 8MP in instead of 13MP. In fact, the Mi 11 Lite 5G is a product of several cost-saving changes, but it has emerged at the other end with its high-end status undamaged, and yet it is priced at half the price of the Mi 11.
So the Mi 11 Lite 5G packs a 6.55 “AMOLED screen with 1080p resolution, but it has 10-bit native color, 90Hz refresh rate and HDR10 + support. It should run everything smoothly with the new Snapdragon 780G 5G chip (basically a refurbished Snapdragon 855) and continue to do so for a while with the 4,250 mAh battery.
The Mi 11 Lite 5G, like the Mi 11, also offers stereo speakers, 5G connectivity, can be charged fairly quickly, and water is just as dangerous as there is no official intrusion protection at all.
There is also a Mi 11 Lite 4G model, which is even cheaper – it shares most of the features with the 5G version here, but is based on an inferior Snapdragon 732G chip. We will be reviewing the 4G model soon, so stay tuned with this one too.
5G vs. 4G
In any case, here’s a quick review of the Mi 11 Lite 5G specifications.
Overview of Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G:
- Body: 160.5×75.7×6.8mm, 159g; Glass front (Gorilla Glass 6), glass back; IP53, dust and splash protection.
- Screen: 6.55 “AMOLED, 1B colors, HDR10 +, 90Hz, 240Hz touch sampling, 500 nits (type), 800 nits, 1080x2400px resolution, 20: 9 aspect ratio, 402ppi.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM7350-AB Snapdragon 780G (5 nm): Octa-core (1×2.4 GHz Kryo 670 & 3×2.2 GHz Kryo 670 & 4×1.90 GHz Kryo 670); Adreno 642.
- Memory: 128 GB 6 GB RAM, 128 GB 8 GB RAM, 256 GB 8 GB RAM; UFS 2.2; microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot).
- OS / software: Android 11, MIUI 12.
- Rear camera: Wide (head): 64 MP, f / 1.8, 26 mm, 1 / 1.97 “, 0.7 um, PDAF; Ultra wide angle: 8 MP, f / 2.2, 119 °, 1 / 4.0 “, 1.12 ;m; Macro: 5 MP, f / 2.4, AF.
- Front camera: 20 MP, f / 2.2, 27 mm (wide), 1 / 3.4 “, 0.8 .m.
- Video recording: Rear camera: 4K @ 30fps, 1080p @ 30/60 / 120fps; gyro-EIS; Front camera: 1080p @ 30 / 60fps, 720p @ 120fps.
- Battery: 4250mAh; Fast charging 33W, fast charging 4+, power supply 3.0.
- Various: Fingerprint reader (side mounted); Infrared port; NFC.
The most notable omissions here are the 3.5mm jack and the FM radio, but at least you can still use headphones with a 3.5mm jack with the included adapter. Update April 23: Xiaomi has issued an official confirmation that the Mi 11 Lite 5G is IP53 certified for dust and splash resistance.
Unboxing of Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G comes packaged in the usual black paper box. Inside you’ll find a 33W adapter, a 3A-rated USB-C-to-A cable and a transparent silicone case.
The manufacturer also ships the phone with a 3.5mm-to-USB-C adapter, as the phone omits an audio jack so you can continue using your favorite wired headphones.
And if you want a little extra protection right out of the bat, there is also this thin screen protector that comes with the phone. It’s a little cheap and is a massive cross magnet, but hey – let’s not see a gift horse in the mouth, right?