|128 GB 8 GB RAM||$ 459.99|
|Show all prices|
Introduction and specifications
The Oppo Reno5 series was launched earlier this year, but it is only now that it is getting a European release. Now the most affordable of the pile – Reno5 is here and also looks well equipped. An OLED panel with a high refresh rate, fast charging, capable SoC, solid build and plenty of basic storage and memory.
And in a (not so) surprising move, Oppo releases this under two names in Europe. Reno5 is launched in Eastern Europe, while Western Europe gets it as Find X3 Lite. The two models are identical in specifications as you can see.
Oppo Reno5 5G • Oppo Find X3 Lite
So even though we specifically got the Reno5 model for review, our review results should apply to both devices in equal parts.
While the Oppo brand is well known in Asia, and although it is not yet making a name for itself in Europe, it is positioned as a premium brand elsewhere. So it is no wonder that the company avoids undercutting the competition in terms of price and yet focuses on making well-executed handsets with a premium look and feel.
Reno5 (or Find X3 Lite if you prefer) uses a bright, 90Hz OLED panel and a 64MP main camera, and it also offers one of the fastest charging technologies. It is also nicely compact and pocket-sized.
Probably the biggest selling point for this one is its size and ergonomics. In a market where behemoths reign, the Reno5 5G is a breath of fresh air with its compact 6.43-inch screen and a weight of 172g.
Oppo Reno5 5G specifications at a glance:
- Body: 159.1×73.4×7.9mm, 172g; Gorilla Glass 5 front, plastic back and frame.
- Screen: 6.43 “AMOLED, 90Hz, 430 nits (type), 750 nits (peak), 1080x2400px resolution, 20: 9 aspect ratio, 410ppi.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM7250 Snapdragon 765G 5G (7 nm): Octa-core (1×2.4 GHz Kryo 475 Prime & 1×2.2 GHz Kryo 475 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 475 Silver); Adreno 620.
- Memory: 128 GB 8 GB RAM, 256 GB 12 GB RAM; UFS 2.1.
- OS / software: Android 11, ColorOS 11.1.
- Rear camera: Wide (head): 64 MP, f / 1.7, 26 mm, 1 / 1.73 “, 0.8 µm, PDAF; Ultra wide angle: 8 MP, f / 2.2, 119 °, 1 / 4.0 “, 1.12 ;m; Macro: 2 MP, f / 2.4; Depth: 2 MP, f / 2.4.
- Front camera: 32 MP, f / 2.4, 24 mm (wide), 1 / 2.8 “, 0.8 .m.
- Video recording: Rear camera: 4K @ 30fps, 1080p @ 30/60 / 120fps; gyro-EIS, HDR; Front camera: 1080p @ 30 fps, gyro-EIS.
- Battery: 4300mAh; Fast charging 65W, 100% in 35 minutes (announced), reverse charging, SuperVOOC 2.0.
- Various: Fingerprint reader (on display, optical); 3.5 mm plug,
The phone also comes with 128GB of basic storage and the Snapdragon 765G 5G is nothing to spot.
What we can spot is the phone’s current pricing. The starting price of € 450 is quite optimistic considering that competition in the mid-range is quite heated and this phone comes with a plastic back and frame.
But let’s not rush any conclusions as this phone may offer more than what it looks like at first glance. First time to an unboxing.
Unboxing of Oppo Reno5 5G
The phone comes in a premium case and fresh mint color. It contains the usual user manuals and the 65W-compatible wall charger with a USB-A to USB-C cable.
Oppo has also thrown a bonus saw along with a pair of 3.5mm headphones.