Xiaomi Mi 11i/Mi 11X Pro review
|128 GB 8 GB RAM||€ 649.90|
|Show all prices|
Will it ever end? Xiaomi’s Mi 11 Series counts as many as 8 units at the time of this review, spanning a wide range of feature sets and price points. It’s the Mi 11i we have for you this time, after a few Lites, an Ultra and the Mi 11 correct, which we have all reviewed recently.
A few more words about naming and market positioning are necessary for the sake of clarity, although ‘clarity’ may be an unattainable goal. We will refer to the phone as the Mi 11i because that is what is on the box we have here, but pretty much the same device goes by the Mi 11X Pro in India and the two are in turn almost identical to the Redmi K40 sold Pro +. in China. How to compare specifications.
Xiaomi Mi 11i • Xiaomi Mi 11X Pro • Xiaomi Redmi K40 Pro +
When we look at the specifications for the Mi 11i, we attach it as a member of the ‘flagship killer’ race, assuming it’s one thing. It has the top-end Snapdragon 888 chip to justify being mentioned in the same sentence as the big boys, but it is combined with small downgrades everywhere to fit the killer budget.
Little is the operative word. The screen is not 1440p as on the highly specified Mi 11s, but it is still a 120Hz compatible Super AMOLED with HDR support and sky-high brightness. The camera system is almost the same as on the real Mi 11 – a 108MP main unit (albeit a different, smaller sensor), an ultra-wide (lower resolution, but with just as fixed focus) and the same 5MP kind of tele-macro it is better than the most. A few dozen milliamp-hours in battery capacity and 33W charging instead of 55W or 67W are meanwhile the definition of small downgrades, just like the GG5 protection instead of Victus.
Overview of Xiaomi Mi 11i specifications:
- Body: 163.7×76.4×7.8mm, 196g; IP53 dust and splash protection.
- Screen: 6.67 “Super AMOLED, 120Hz, HDR10 +, 1300 nit (peak), 1080x2400px resolution, 20: 9 aspect ratio, 395ppi.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 5G (5 nm): Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680); Adreno 660.
- Memory: 128 GB 8 GB RAM, 256 GB 8 GB RAM; UFS 3.1.
- OS / software: Android 11, MIUI 12.
- Rear camera: Wide (head): 108 MP, f / 1.8, 26 mm, 1 / 1.52 “, 0.7 um, PDAF; Ultra wide angle: 8 MP, f / 2.2, 119 °; Macro: 5 MP, f / 2.4, 50 mm, 1 / 5.0 “, 1.12 µm.
- Front camera: 20 MP, f / 2.5, (wide), 1 / 3.4 “, 0.8 .m.
- Video recording: Rear camera: 8K @ 30fps, 4K @ 30 / 60fps, 1080p @ 30/60/120/240 / 960fps, gyro-EIS, HDR10 +; Front camera: 1080p @ 30 fps, 720p @ 120 fps.
- Battery: 4520mAh; Fast charging 33W, 100% in 52 min (announced), Power Delivery 3.0, Quick Charge 3+.
- Various: Fingerprint reader (side mounted); Infrared port.
Xiaomi Mi 11i unboxing
The Mi 11i is shipped in the same white box with copper letters that we got on the Mi 11 correctly. This is in contrast to the black box we got the Mi 11 Ultra in.
That said, the India-bound Mi 11X Pro comes in a black box with a different design that includes a resemblance of the phone on the lid.
The contents of the box, on the other hand, are identical for the Mi 11i and Mi 11X Pro (yes, minus the charging pins that vary by region). You get the 33W charger and a USB-A-to-C cable, a headphone dongle and a clear silicone protective case.